|Choice industrial sites, manpower and an abundant water supply make the area an excellent choice for industry. Water is supplied by the Cape Fear River, one of North Carolina’s navigable waterways. It is easily accessible by four major highways, NC 41, NC 87, NC 53, and US 701, which make an east, west, north, and south hub. Major industries in the Elizabethtown area are:
- Accent Dying & Finishing, Inc.,
- Carolina International Cold Storage, Inc.
- Elizabethtown-Lumberton Power
- Danaher Controls, E.I.
- DuPont De Nemours & Co.
- Harriet & Henderson Yarns, Inc.
- Kathabar Inc.
- Peanut Processors, Inc.
- Smithfield Packing Co.
- Squires Timber Co.
- Taylor Manufacturing, Inc.
- Barnes Blueberries, Inc.