Todd Lyden, Bladen Community College
Ashley Trivette, Healthworks Wellness & Fitness Center
Erin Smith, BladenOnline.com
Anne Byer, Farm Bureau
Billie Hall, Town of Elizabethtown
Curt Vincent, Bladen Journal
Nick West, Elizabethtown Fire Department
Ambassador Program Mission
It is the mission of the Elizabethtown-White Lake Area Chamber of Commerce Ambassador Program to promote member commitment and retention by:
- Raising awareness of Chamber activities and benefits
- Assist in Fundraising efforts of the Chamber
- Informing and involving new Chamber members to promote strong continuing membership
- Encouraging meaningful and beneficial participation in the Chamber’s programs
- Serving as a liaison between the Chamber staff and membership
Who are the Chamber Ambassadors?
The Ambassador Program consists of volunteers from the Chamber membership who donate their time to assist the Chamber in various activities. Ambassadors serve a term of one calendar year, beginning in July of each year. Ambassadors can continue to serve after the one-year term if agreed upon by the Ambassador and the Chamber Board of Directors.
Program Benefits for the Ambassadors
- Increased name and face recognition
- Increased networking opportunities
- Opportunity to connect one-on-one with new and existing Chamber members
- Increased referral opportunities through other Ambassadors and one-on-one contact with members
- Potential media coverage from attendance at Chamber events
- Gain an insider’s perspective of the local business community
- Opportunity to meet local business and community leaders
- Chance to help the community and show community pride
- Recognition via “Ambassador of the Year” and “Ambassador Spotlights.”
Program Benefits for the Chamber:
- Increased visibility within the community
- Better understanding of membership needs
- More involvement of existing Chamber Members
- Ability to manage events more effectively
- Increased recruitment opportunities
- Member retention
- Program Benefits for the Membership
- Increased access to points of contact who can provide assistance and answer questions
- More frequent Chamber communication
- Potential for increased referrals
- Members will feel more connected to the Chamber
- Program Enrollment and Training
An Ambassador recruitment mixer will be held every year near the date of St. Patrick’s Day. All potential Ambassadors will fill out an application at the mixer in March and then be voted on by the Chamber board members. The elected Ambassadors will go through an orientation. The Ambassadors will also be given an informational packet on how to properly represent the Chamber.
New Ambassadors will be inducted as Ambassadors at the Annual Chamber Banquet in June.
Ambassadors are required to assist the chamber in reminder calls to chamber members about upcoming chamber events, assist in membership recruitment, assist in fundraising efforts for the chamber, and assist in organizing the Ambassadors meetings.
The Ambassadors will act as a committee of the Chamber. The Ambassador committee will elect a chair and vice-chair at their first scheduled meeting together after the new Ambassadors induction in June.
The chair of the Ambassador committee is responsible for making sure the committee is notified of meetings the members will need to attend, and assist in keeping the Ambassadors informed of ways they can help with the Chamber’s needs.
The vice-chair will take the responsibilities of the chair when the need arises.
Elizabethtown White Lake Ambassador Program
Print and complete the Ambassador Application today!
Elizabethtown White Lake Ambassador Application