As our area, state and nation is preparing and combating COVID-19, the Elizabethtown-White Lake Area Chamber of Commerce is committed to providing the most up-to-date information available to hopefully help this virus keep its distance from our small communities as well as help our businesses weather this pandemic.
We are asking all residents to please follow the guidelines as outlined by the NC Department of Health and Human Services and the CDC. Follow these common-sense measures to protect yourself and others from spreading viruses, including COVID-19:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds at a time.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Do not reuse tissue after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.
These are difficult times as many of our businesses have been forced to close to the public and lay workers off. Some businesses are asking employees to work remotely. We can support our local businesses by:
1.) Buying local. Shop in our small stores for your needs at this time. Retail business – 4.13.20
2.) Order your food from local restaurants as take-out or delivery.
Here is a list of area restaurants offering take out or delivery
Please see the following links for more information:
NC Carolina Department of Health and Human Service Response to Coronavirus